In our efforts to continuously reaffirm our mission statement which promotes a caring and diverse community, the Office of Multicultural Affairs would like to extend an invitation to our Walker parents, faculty, staff and students to participate in one of our Community Affinity Groups. Walker currently has the following affinity groups: African American, Jewish, and South Asian. For more information about Affinity groups, please contact Beatriz Alvarado, Director of Multicultural Affairs.
An affinity group is meant to bring together people who have something important in common, e.g. race, gender, profession, or special interests. The purpose of such a group is to encourage:
- defining, building community
- identifying issues sharing successes
- promoting ideas for action
- preparing for deep and honest cross-cultural dialogue with other affinity groups
- providing opportunities for affirmation and celebration