The Communications Office works to do the following:
- Foster and promote an image that reflects the core values of The Walker School by communicating key messages to the school's audiences.
- Create well-crafted high-quality communication vehicles which reflect and support the school's key messages.
- Coordinate the ideas, programs and messages of internal and external constituents to reflect and support the school's key messages.
The Communications Office serves to advance the school's mission to the community and specifically the following constituencies: faculty, staff, alumni, students, parents, prospective families and the media.
The Communications Office, in conjunction with other offices, is responsible for implementing and overseeing the overall communications and marketing strategies for the school and for the following specific initiatives:
- Walker magazine
- Marketing materials
- All publicity, including press releases and advertising
- Content generated and posted to The Walker School's website
- The Week at Walker, the weekly e-newsletter
- Managing relationships with the media
- Ensuring photography and filming are allowed within the terms of the enrollment contract
- Issuing school closing notices and other notices
- Approval of any publications produced outside of the Communications Office
- Social media presence of The Walker School on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Wordpress